Lutheran Social Ministries is monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19). Subscribe to receive the latest updates.
Last updated: October 23, 2020
- Information we may collect. While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Telephone number
- Email address
We may collect other data which cannot be used to readily identify you, such as, by way of example, the domain name and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website, research and development, customer and account administration, and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
- Why we collect data. We ask for personal data necessary to contact you at your request. We collect general demographics data for marketing research purposes via Google Analytics. We do not use this data to make direct contact unless you specifically ask us to do so. We will not collect any personal data without your explicit consent to do so.
- What we will and won’t do with your data.
- We will not sell or rent your personal data to any third parties. We will only share personal data with third parties as necessary to complete services you request.
- We will not use GPS or similar software to track your location.
- We will not contact you by email unless you specifically request that we do so.
- We provide the same services at the same rates regardless of whether you consent to share your personal data.
- We will take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- We will assist your requests to revoke your consent, change your data, port your data or erase your data in a timely fashion of no longer than 30 days.
- We will timely notify you of a data breach involving your personal information which could result in discrimination, damage to reputation, financial loss or loss of confidentiality of individuals.
- Use of Google Analytics. We will utilize Google Analytics in the collection of demographic data. Google stores this data only for such time as it is useful to create marketing statistics.
- Cookies. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- User Rights. Those who use this website have the following rights:
- Right of access. We will assist you to access any personal data that we have stored about you.
- Right of rectification of personal data. We will assist you to correct any personal information that we have stored which is incorrect.
- Right to erasure. We will erase the personal data we have stored on you within 30 days of your written request.
- Right to data portability. We will assist your request to port your personal information that we have stored to another site in a timely manner.
- Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to revoke your consent to collect and store personal data.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to our use of your personal data.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to make a complaint about our collection and storage of your personal information. Any such complaints should be submitted to us via phone, mail, or email.
- User responsibilities. Users are expected to participate in the protection of their own data.
- Do not share your user ID or password with others.
- Log off this website once your visit is completed.
- Take customary precautions to guard against malware by installing and maintaining suitable anti-virus software on your computer.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Log Data. We may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Privacy of Minors. The Service is not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child or a minor for whom you are responsible has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that anyone under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
- Compliance with Laws. We will only disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law and/or subpoena.